Thursday, January 31, 2013

First post to Model Night

Bonjour Everybody!
Remember me? I started to dedicate some time to zBrush recently and thought I'd contribute a couple of "learning" exercises I did last week. I discovered fibermesh and wanted to get my head around it. The first image "Le Lapin Gris" is a little rabbit I made to test fibermesh grooming. The second, slightly less cuddly turntable is called "Creature of God." Again mostly to test out fibermesh and also a bit of lighting exploration in zBrush. It was just a couple days work to surprise a friend of mine who posted the sketch on his facebook. I wasn't necessarily going for a complete likeness.

Anyway.. if it's ok, I'd like to keep sharing stuff here with you all and am interested in learning more from you all as we go. I'll attempt to do the thing a week as regular as possible.

I miss you all back at Pixar a bunch, and hope you're all doing great.

Cheers,
-kris

PS
If any of you are visting Paris in the next 6 months or so and want any pointers or want to share a coffee please look me up. It's nice to hang out with people who speak English :)

The uploaded video quality was horrible, so here is a better vimeo link.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kris, good to hear from you!

    Looks like you're picking things up very well! Is there any particilar sort of feedback you're looking for? I'm no expert on it but it seems you are getting good variety out of Fibermesh already. The Creature of God model is creepy; would love to see the weight a little more set on the front leg and a little more attitude to the head if you're looking to tweak it...

    I will actually be in Paris briefly in June, for my Honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ian,
      Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, fibermesh is quite cool. As for the notes on the Creature of God, thank you! I agree about more weight on the front leg. I may visit her/it again in the future and will take those suggestions to heart. I'm dying to see what you're all up to in zbrush these days. I hope that if this forum is dead you're all still sharing imagery some place else.
      I would LOVE to show you some amazing sights here in Paris. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions as far as what not to miss. Keep me posted on the dates, and congrats on your upcoming wedding :)
      Cheers,
      -kris

      Delete